Raunds Park Infants believe that homework has the following main purposes:
- Blending Bags/Reading books (expected to be practised 3 times a week)
- Number Bags (expected to be practised twice a week)
- Half termly homework is often given, consisting of either maths, literacy or creative tasks.
- Family challenges (sent out in Term 3)
Year 1 and Year 2:-
- Reading (expected to read 5 times a week)
- Family Challenges
- Abacus Homework
Family Challenges Explained:
These challenges are linked to the Cornerstone’s topic being taught. Generally these are open-ended and can be completed and recorded in various ways. Children who complete a challenge earn 10 team points for their team (in Reception the children earn different treats depending on how many challenges are completed). We hope that children will all complete at least one challenge per term.
The school offers a Homework Club on Tuesdays from 3.15 - 4.00 for parents and children to come to if they would rather complete homework in school. A teacher will be there each week to answer any questions about the homework or provide guidance on how best to help your child. Ask Mrs Marks if you would like further details.