There are many things that you can do to help your child settle into School life.
You can help your child to be independent.
putting on coats and doing up fastenings
putting on shoes and socks
opening and closing lunch boxes, flasks, yogurt lids etc
use the toilet independently
use a knife and fork
tidy away the things they have been using or playing with
Help with Learning
- Make reading time at home a special time that you both look forward to.
- Try and look at your child’s sound book and blending pot in their book bag regularly.
- Continue to read bedtime stories, visit the library and sing songs and rhymes.
- Play number games at home and point out numbers while you are out and about.
- Count (forwards and backwards), sing number songs and talk about numbers.
- Count objects eg. potatoes in a bag, coins in a jar, buttons in a box.