Raunds Park Infants believe that homework has the following main purposes:
- Blending Bags/Reading books (expected to be practised 3 times a week)
- Number Bags (expected to be practised twice a week)
- Half termly homework is often given, consisting of either maths, literacy or creative tasks.
- Family challenges (sent out from Term 3 onwards)
Year 1 and Year 2:-
- Reading (expected to read 5 times a week)
- Family Challenges
- Abacus Homework
'Family Challenges' explained:
These challenges are linked to the Cornerstone’s topic being taught. Generally, these are open-ended and can be completed and recorded in various ways. Children who complete a challenge earn 10 team points for their team (in Reception the children earn different treats depending on how many challenges are completed). We aim for all children will all complete at least one challenge per term.
If you need any support with homework, please speak to a member of staff in your child's class. We can provide access to computers and resources if these are not available at home.